Re: JavaScript and Accessibility

David,

Nowhere is the WCAG scope stated as  'all web content' so where does
your last mail take you?

The subject of this mail is and remains Javascript and Accessibility
what have you to say about WCAG scope and scripting?
Wendy assures me that WCAG would like to adopt and edit my draft
document, you'll have noticed she was one of the editors; unfortunately
we have a strong difference of views about the direction this should
take, and thus it gathers dust. No one imagines that creating
accessible scripts* is going to be easy, it is about defining what is
possible. That is precisely what Jesper was enquiring about, and what I
responded to.

Please accept that your view is a personal one, and one not held by
everyone, why not stop responding to emails with a subject that
includes script.
you'll find it difficult to demonstrate why scripting is out of scope,
it isn't; it is a difficult nut to crack, though.

Jonathan

*But please stop decrying the efforts of others. This thread has once
again got bogged down in a personal explanation for you of why it is
reasonable to discuss this. Frankly there are more useful things we
could all be doing.