Re: JavaScript and Accessibility

David,

Can you substantiate your perception that WAI scope is limited to
static documents? (including forms)

The scope of WCAG* refers to "web content", and includes "scripting".

thanks

Jonathan

*http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/new-charter-2000.html#scope

extract:

produce next-generation normative guidelines for accessibility of Web
content, including addressing issues of clarity raised since
publication of WCAG 1.0;
*	collect, test, discuss and create techniques for WCAG-conformant
content in XML, RDF, SMIL, SVG, MathML and other W3C Recommendations
and scripting languages not yet addressed in the Techniques document;
*	produce updated non-normative supporting documents, including
techniques documents and implementation tracking information;
*	coordinate with other groups including W3C groups writing guidelines,
and EOWG regarding ease-of-use considerations in WCAG WG's development
of WCAG 2.0.