Re: Speed on Animated Gifs

For your question about flashing in the bottom: If there isn't an
obvious way to stop it I would say it is a problem. If the site relies
on seeing the flash (and therefore the distracting flashing - assuming
for the moment it isn't in the "dangerous" range) then it is a major
problem for people who have problems with distraction.

I am not the flash expert - people who do serious work on making flash
accessible like NCAM - http://www.ncam.org - or ComposMentis -
http://www.composmentis.com - or of course Macromedia themselves,  are a
better bet to find out how to stop the animation. Presumably you can put
a big "stand still!!" button into the flash application using flash, if
there is no reliable system control. I happen to be next door to a large
number of SvG tool developers for the next couple of days - I'll check
whether they offer "stop animations". It is also possible to write an
XSLT stylesheet to provide a stop-animations control...

cheers

Charles McCN