Re: Speed on Animated Gifs

Thanks for the reply Charles - I'd never heard of SVG, had a quick look and
it's seems very interesting - will be sure to check it out in some more
depth.

Are there any 'rules' with Flash as to how fast you can make it?  Do you
have to be able to "pause" the flash (that doesn't seem to be a default
setting - I don't do the flash on the site I work for, however I can't see a
"pause" setting when I rigth click on the live Flash files) ?

As an example, there is some Flash on a site that I go to that displays some
text that says something like :

"Check out this new range" and 2 seconds later it will say "of dvds, cds and
videos" - that seems like a long time, however at the bottom corner of this
flash there is an icon constantly flashing (It's a box, with a label on the
front, the box changes to the same box, but with a different color label,
there are 4 of these).

Would the constant flashing at the bottom mean the site is inaccessible?  Or
is this OK if the user is able to stop the flash?

Cheers

James