Re: evaluation & repair tool in Linux

Catherine,

The good news:
there is a tool written in Java that is open source, and now includes
the ability to add interview questions such as whether a particular alt
or longdesc really does match the image it is used for, and store the
results for future testing. (This functionality is a demo, developed as
a student project - but I am hoping that like the tool as a whole it can
be further developed).

The neutral? news:
The tool comes from the Rainbow lab at ESSI in France, although the
interface is written in english.

The bad news:
I don't think it is available at the moment due to an administrative
problem. I am trying to get this resolved as fast as possible. I don't
know if it works in Linux, but being Java it should. I doubt the
interface was designed for accessibility. But I could be wrong.

Cheers

Chaals