Re: Left handedness and stylus input (tabletPC, palm, etc)

Good thinking Jonathan. Reminded me that we did that, with the following in
the user agent guidelines:

11.7 Tool bar configuration. (P3)

+ For graphical user agent user interfaces with tool bars, allow the user to
  configure the position of user agent user interface controls on those tool
  bars.
+ Offer a predefined set of controls that may be added to or removed from
  tool bars.
+ Allow the user to restore the default tool bar configuration.

-- http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG/guidelines.html#tech-configure-controls

(This covers your use case, which is more serious, more than mine, but
suggesting techniques to the working group is always a good thing).

cheers

Chaals

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

>Chaals,
>
>  regarding learning disability and input
>
>I've always felt it should be relatively trivial, (or easy) to change
>the contents of toolbars, or personalise them this is one of the
>benefits of linux.
>
>for instance when introducing an email program, it would be much
>simpler if only the compose and send buttons were present, at least
>until a message was received.
>
>ctrl click and drag for all elements of all applications, pass it on to
>UA
>
>jonathan

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22