Re: Left handedness and stylus input (tabletPC, palm, etc)

I don't have hard statistics. Quite a lot of research has been done, so if
nobody here has it to hand I can go look for it in my non-existent spare
time.

I understand that the proportion is generally reckoned as on the rise, but
that may just be because it has traditionally been viewed as an aberration to
be corrected, and although that still happens it is much less common in many
large countries.

cheers

Charles

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Bev Corwin wrote:

>Very interesting.  Do you have any information on the rates of left
>handedness occuring in general populations?  How large of a group of users
>are we talking about?  Is the occurance increasing or decreasing in most
>populations or is it a characteristic that occurs with relative stability
>over time?  Are there any other identifiable user characteristics asoociated
>with or directly related to left handedness?
>
>Bev
>

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> one of the simple things that the physical world often forgets to cater
>for
>> is being left handed.

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22