Re: Accessible PDFs

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, David Woolley wrote:

> > I'm less sure about the value of having URIs automatically save to a file.
> > To my mind if the content-disposition header is "attachment" the user should
> > still be given the option to open it directly (unless it's of a file type
> > that security settings prohibit direct opening).
>
> Files that are security risks should not be automatically saved, except
> possibly to a specially quarantined directory (but the browser cache
> is half way to that, anyway).

or like where I work we have a firewall that literally stops dang near
everything, no attachemnts, no msword docs, no self loading anything,
(and anyone who thinks were paranoid send a private e-mail and I will tell
you privately some of the stuff we handle, then you tell me if I'm
paranoid?)

but the internet is also a critical part of doing our work, most of our
private e-mails etc are encrypted

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks