From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Access Systems
Sent: Monday, 2 December 2002 11:13 PM
To: Scarlett Julian (ED)
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Accessible PDFs?

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Scarlett Julian (ED) wrote:

> that's a less than useful answer in that it doesn't really give a true
> picture of the situation. Yes, it's true that AT cannot read pdf
documents
> created using Acrobat 4 but (correct me if I'm wrong) it *is* possible
using
> version 5 to produce documents that are accessible if the creator
knows what
> they're doing.

AND the user has the conversion software AND is running the
"correct" operating system, AND the user is using the "correct"
webrowser.

show me how it will ever work no matter how good the creator is if

the user does not buy the conversion software
or
is not running Windoze
or
is not using IE

give me a site to view that you think has accessible pdf and I'll try
reading it,  I sincerely wish you were right, but haven't found it yet.

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net

    NO MSWord docs in e-mail                    Access Systems,
engineers

*#*#*#
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender
as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.
Thanks

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---