Re: cdata, javascript and xhtml1.1

"Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:EF63CBAA-0072-11D7-9843-0003939B5AD0@btinternet.com...

> Jim,
>
> re: http://www.peepo.com/alfi-x/music-x/w-x.xhtml
>
> Thanks: application/xhtml+xml xhtml finally loads in mozilla,
>
> IE6 is still trying to download though, how can I get around this?

reconfigure IE6 to attempt to render application xhtml+xml, which is
relatively trivial but probably not to be encouraged.

If you want to author webpages for the public today, don't use XHTML, not
enough UA's support xhtml, it's as simple as that.

> you wrote: IE specific sound can be done more efficiently just in
> script with img and dynsrc in any case.
> this is for sound-on-event, across many pages, does it load wav files?
> do you have a working example? why is it more efficient?

I've given you the code before, you place an invisible image on the page
(prefereably created via DOM methods in script rather than being
hardcoded in the page.  Then you simply change the dynsrc of it.  It can
play anything IE can play natively, it's more efficient for various IE
internal reasons, and you don't need to put invalid elements into your
pages.

Jim.