Accessible site list - How to proceed

At 09:37 AM 14/11/2002 +0200, Jukka Korpela wrote:

>Jim Byrne wrote:
>
> > Please use the page at http://www.mcu.org.uk/campaigns/accessible.html
>- -
> > Please add your great looking and accessible site to the
> > list; make it easy for other to find a list of well designed
> > and accessible sites.
>
>I have become more and more convinced of the need for galleries
>of accessible sites that have other good properties as well,
>in order to meet some of the very common arguments and prejudices

I would like to see some sort of review process for sites submitted.  Open
invitations to post your site are open to abuse, I recently cleared my
guestbook of a couple of urls that lead to German porn sites.  I don't
really want a guestbook full of such urls.

Good looking sites is more than a bit subjective, things like content,
navigation consistency and so forth should be considered as well.  I
submitted my site mostly because it follows all of the basics of accessible
design in being valid html, valid css, consistent navigation and when
styles are off, the navigation *follows* the content instead of proceeding
it.  I am guilty of writing some very long pages though.

Lynn

--
lynn.alford@deletethis.pibweb.com
The Programmer in Black