RE: discussion:Fw: What is the problem with accessible pop-up windows?

    [I could be wrong on this, but I seem to recall that the EU were talking
     about priority 1 for a certain deadline to be followed by priority 2 for a
     later one.]

I know that this was the case in Germany, but not sure if this is the case for the whole of the EU.

BTW, it is the European Year of the Disabled in 2003 so perhaps Priority 3 should be a decent marker for accessibility. A minimum of AA-standard should surely be the norm now. I find that most sites that meet Priority One standards fall well short of being accessible to more than a small number of disabled people.

With the advent of better technology and an understanding of how accessibility impacts on sites I think that two levels of compliance are surely the way forward. This was a very interesting series of emails and I think that Petra's comments should not be ignored by those who design for the Web.