From: "Aaron Smith" <aaron@gwmicro.com>
To: "kestrell" <aeryadne@theworld.com>; "Access Systems"
<accessys@smart.net>
Cc: "RUST Randal" <RRust@COVANSYS.com>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: Accessing PDFs

The point is that we had to start somewhere. I know for a fact that the
IRS
are working on accessible PDFs, as are other government agencies. The
more
we spread the information that there is a way to make PDFs accessible,
the
better the chances that those practices will become mainstream.

At 07:29 AM 10/24/2002 -0400, kestrell wrote:

>It is also worth noting where the quote accessible unquote pdf docs
are:
>Of course the screen reader manuals are accessible, because any company
>who produced a pdf doc that had any relation to screen readers and did
not
>assure it was accessible would be crazy, though there are a lot of
crazy
>company decisions out there. Places to check for accessible pdf docs
would
>be government web sites, such as the IRS web site, or materials online
at
>university libraries, or just about any eBook sold in the pdf format.
The

--
To insure that you receive proper support, please include all
past correspondence (where applicable), and any relevant

Aaron Smith
GW Micro
Phone: 260/489-3671
Fax: 260/489-2608