From: "Gerard Torenvliet" <GerardT@watchfire.com>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 1:03 PM
Subject: Call for Book Reviews: Accessibility Books

The Special Interest Group on Computer Human Interaction of the
Association
for Computing Machinery (ACM SIGCHI; http://sigchi.org/
<http://sigchi.org/>
) publishes a bi-monthy newsletter, the Bulletin.  Each issue of the
Bulletin features reviews of books relevant to the practice of interface
design professionals.

In May 2003, the Bulletin is hoping to publish reviews of two recent
accessibility books (that have also been mentioned on this list):

Thatcher et al's "Constructing Accessible Websites"
Clark's "Building Accessible Websites"

As Book Reviews editor, I am seeking two individuals to each write a
review
of one of these books.  I am soliciting authors from this list to ensure
that these reviews are written by authors with expertise in web
accessibility.

If you are interested in writing a review of one of these books, have
appropriate expertise, and are not one of the authors of either of these
books (!), please contact me.

Gerard Torenvliet
Book Reviews Editors
ACM SIGCHI Bulletin

"Mindless acceptance of tools and toys that tune our
lives and sensibilities more and more acutely to the
needs of machinery is dangerous.  But extracting the
humane powers from the diabolical forces enabled by
technology is not a simple task." - Howard Rheingold
Gerard Torenvliet
Watchfire User Interaction Design
g_torenvliet@sympatico.ca

1 Hines Rd., Ottawa, ON, CANADA, K2K 3C7
Ph: 613.599.3888 x 4024
Fx: 613.599.4661

www.watchfire.com