From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Gerard Torenvliet
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 12:04 PM
To: 'WAI Mailing List (w3c-wai-ig@w3.org)'
Subject: Call for Book Reviews: Accessibility Books

The Special Interest Group on Computer Human Interaction of the
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM SIGCHI;  <http://sigchi.org/>
http://sigchi.org/) publishes a bi-monthy newsletter, the Bulletin.
Each issue of the Bulletin features reviews of books relevant to the
practice of interface design professionals.

In May 2003, the Bulletin is hoping to publish reviews of two recent
accessibility books (that have also been mentioned on this list):

Thatcher et al's "Constructing Accessible Websites"

Clark's "Building Accessible Websites"

As Book Reviews editor, I am seeking two individuals to each write a
review of one of these books.  I am soliciting authors from this list to
ensure that these reviews are written by authors with expertise in web
accessibility.

If you are interested in writing a review of one of these books, have
appropriate expertise, and are not one of the authors of either of these
books (!), please contact me.

Gerard Torenvliet

Book Reviews Editors

ACM SIGCHI Bulletin

"Mindless acceptance of tools and toys that tune our

lives and sensibilities more and more acutely to the

needs of machinery is dangerous.  But extracting the

humane powers from the diabolical forces enabled by

technology is not a simple task." - Howard Rheingold

Gerard Torenvliet

Watchfire User Interaction Design

g_torenvliet@sympatico.ca

1 Hines Rd., Ottawa, ON, CANADA, K2K 3C7

Ph: 613.599.3888 x 4024

Fx: 613.599.4661

www.watchfire.com