From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Julian
Sent: 10 August 2002 12:59 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: whitespace, navigation links, styled divs

> For a truly CSS compliant renderer, that is the same as if the span
> element didn't exist at all.

..and for users with both a truly css compliant browser and a
screenreader the span wouldn't appear and the links would run together.
Good point David and I shall stop doing it.

>I think you are abusing display:none to
> take advantage of bugs in it's implemnetation,

What's wrong with that? In principle I mean, not in relation to this
particular example which I concede is bad practice.

Julian