Re: 508 vs. W3C

Dear Randal, Emmanuelle,

The actual text (and what should be referenced, I think) of the law is
available (in German) at:
<http://www.behindertenbeauftragter.de/download/gleichstellungsgesetz.htm>
(Federal Law on Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities may be
an approximate translation)

Paragraph 11 deals with Barrier-free information technologies. Since
August 1st, there is a decree for the implementation of the law
(Barrierefreie Informationstechnik Verordnung - BITV) that basically
translates in its Appendix WCAG 1.0 - level AA as its reference point.

You can download the BITV text (as PDF, go figure!) here:
<http://www.bmi.bund.de/Annex/de_22681/Barrierefreie_Informationstechnik-Verordnung_BITV_als_PDF-Download.pdf>

regards,
carlos

--