RE: whitespace, navigation links, styled divs

Put in something that I can use to visually tell where one link ends and
another one begins.

That is usually very helpful. My biggest complaint about image maps is when
people have vaguely defined images for tightly-defined navigation, which
leads to problems working out what bits of the image are linked, and to what.

I realise this is mostly a question about design aesthetics, and getting
agreement on that is only ever a rough process.

It gets interesting when you want to work on links that are consecutive words
in sentences. One way to do this, depending on the context, is to rewrite the
sentence. But in other cases it is just not possible.

Maybe now it would make sense to ask the WCAG group to change the requirement
so it becomes a user's responsibility to seperate links if they still feel
the need. Does anyone use, or know personally someone who uses, a user agent
that can't cope with two consecutive links that are not seperated by anything
except whitespace? (Or not even that - two images, each a link, not seperated
at all, is a good test case. You can find it on many W3C pages...)

cheers

Chaals