Re: accessible sites in i-mode

"Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> At the end of the mentioned pdf-file is to be read that XHTML basic will be the
> standard in future.. See http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/ for the specs.

Well, I wrote that spec as one of editors ... and I regret to say,
that as far as I know and at least in Japan, i-mode service is not
going to migrate to XHTML in the near future ... though, it is said
that FOMA, NTT DoCoMo's 3G service, will support WAP 2.0 from this
fall, and XHTML Basic support is mandatory in WAP 2.0.  KDDI,
the second-largest mobile phone service company in Japan, already
adopted WAP 2.0 for their EZweb service and is quickly migrating
to its 3G service.  So you'll have better luck in 3G to use XHTML
Basic, but ...

The situation is a bit different in Europe, as far as I know,
the microbrowser shipped in i-mode phone in Europe is capable of
handling i-mode HTML, WML 1.3 and XHTML Basic.  So XHTML Basic
support is there from the start.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org