Re: And today's ironic bit of HTML is...

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Tina Marie Holmboe wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 08:21:10PM +0100, Tom Gilder wrote:
> > '');">accessibility</a>
> > ...and this on a professional development company's site.
>   To quote myself to Tom on EFnet's #html:
>
>    "Tina's Addendum to Flavell's Law: any site that claims to deal with
>     accessibility issues will, with few exceptions, prove to be inaccessible"
>
>   How does the rest of you feel about the current status: are we moving
>   towards a more accessible web, or are people - not to put too fine a point
>   on it - not giving crap ?

I have used what passes for the internet since 1974 and while crude by
todays standard, it was far more accessible even then, and it has gone
down hill ever since, with it getting much worse in the past 3-4 years to
the point I think maybe 1/2 or more of the internet is no longer
accessible...and I am dismayed that in ten more years little if anything
will remain usable without complex adaptive software/hardware

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks