Re: And today's ironic bit of HTML is...

Where is Kynn? In his absence...

Accesible to whom? The Web is accessible to a huge number of people who
couldn't use the internet of the 1980s. At the same time it seems that each
time we make some progress we make some more mistakes.

Providing multimedia content on the Web has been very important for many
people. Doing it in a way that the message cannot be understood without all
the flashing media has excluded people who were doing fine before.

In general I see a better awareness of accessibility, better techniques and
tools for making it happen, and better results than (for example) five years
ago or twenty years ago. (One of my first jobs as a kid was looking for
accessible IT for schools). But as with all generalisations that is by no
means always true, and although we are making overall forward progress in
most areas there are lots of problems that we haven't dealt with well and
some new ones that we have created.

So my personal feeling is that we are indeed moving towards a more accessible
web.  But we have a long way to go.

cheers

Chaals