Re: Can I validate a site that needs a password?

At 16:25 21/03/02 +0000, Jim Byrne wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to use the W3c HTML validator on a site that requires a
>password? e.g. the Blackboard Website that I am currently looking at.
>
>If not, is there a way to validate the HTML - other than just looking at it
>and deciding whether it looks valid or not?

You can view source, copy the source and submit it to
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/direct.html

Be there, done that with Blackboard 5.0.  The validator didn't like the
HTML there at all.  Blackboard 5.5+ may be better though.

Lynn

--
Lynn Alford, Multimedia Services        Tel     (07) 47 81 5525
Multimedia and Print Services           Fax:    (07) 47 81 4018