Re: <tr> and <td> closing tags

yeah.  non-compliant  to  XHTML  is  a  problem  for future new non-pc
devices. but it is not the only trouble.

current  web  design  is  only  tested  for  legibility  under popular
PC-based  browser.  and  most  web  designer would not sacrifice 'cool
factor'  (flash,  animated gif, big jpeg, moving button, etc) just for
the sake of accessibility to all devices.

most  web  designer  in  the  near future  would  probably give alternative
version to choose for instead:

  (1) for people with PC.

  the  design will be just like today. but even more complicated, more
  non-compliant, and more abusive (table as layout etc). web
  designer will get younger and more abundant = more design mistakes.

  (2) for people with non-PC.

a  lazy  webmaster  aiming  for  as many people as possible, will only
built  (2).  a young, non-experienced, 'cool' designer will only built
(1). bigger and commerce website will build both.

currently, there is a race between:

 -  small  devices increasing computing power and logic to render more
 non-compliant websites.

 - and web designer learning to write more compliant websites so it
 can be rendered on more devices.

in  such a way that we shouldn't worry much about in-existance of <tr>
and <td> closing tags of today.

though  i  agree that to support non-pc internet devices manufacturer,
some  one  should  buy that products, which depends on how good it can
render most websites, which depends on people writing compliant code.
everyone has a role here ;)

--
 dody suria wijaya -> mailto:dody@failco.com -> http://failco.com