From: Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 22:32
To: Aaron Smith
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: GW Micro Helps Make Macromedia Flash Content
Accessible to People Who Are Blind

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Aaron Smith wrote:

> >The Window-Eyes Professional software for Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000,
XP
> >Home Edition, and XP Professional retails for $795.00,

Ahem, excuse me!  $795, plus the cost of Windows, plus the cost of
hardware capable of running windows!  Not to mention the serious
hassle of mopping up each new "virus"!!

How the **** is that supposed to be "accessible" to any but a tiny
minority of the richest blind people?

It's good that you're providing such products, but only so long as
noone starts using it as an excuse for neglecting users of lower-
cost systems!

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>