Re: Fwd: GW Micro Helps Make Macromedia Flash Content Accessible to People Who Are Blind

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Aaron Smith wrote:

there is a previous message about the macromedia flash, as soon as I try
to reply to that message it sends an abort signal to my e-mail program.

?????

Bob

> Here's the whole thing...

> >Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:59:50 -0500
> >To: gw-info@gwmicro.com
> >From: Aaron Smith <aaron@gwmicro.com>
> >Subject: GW Micro Helps Make Macromedia Flash Content Accessible to
> >   People Who Are Blind
> >

> >FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
> >
> >March 4, 2002
> >
> >GW Micro Helps Make Macromedia Flash Content Accessible to People Who Are
> >Blind
> >

> >(Fort Wayne, IN) -- GW Micro, creator of Window-Eyes Standard and
> >Window-Eyes Professional, is proud to announce support for the new
> >Macromedia Flash Player 6 announced today by Macromedia.  Window-Eyes is a
> >software screen reader for people who are blind. Macromedia Flash Player 6
> >provides Window-Eyes users with access to the most exciting and engaging
> >content and applications on the web. This is the first release of
> >Macromedia Flash Player that communicates with screen readers. People with
> >visual disabilities can now share in the best experience on the web.
> >
> >Macromedia Flash MX, which was also announced today, enables the
> >development of a new generation of rich Internet content and applications.
> >The product simplifies the creation of Section 508-compliant content by
> >including features to quickly add descriptive text when content is being
> >created.
> >
> >Macromedia Flash Player 6 leverages the Microsoft Active Accessibility
> >(MSAA) standard for accessible application development on the Windows
> >platform.  MSAA provides a standard for assistive technology vendors to
> >incorporate Macromedia Flash support into their tools.  With the release
> >of Macromedia Flash MX and Flash Player 6, Macromedia is working with
> >developers and designers to make the web accessible to all.
> >
> >"Macromedia is committed to making powerful products that push the promise
> >of the Internet forward without leaving anybody behind," said Bob Regan,
> >product manager, accessibility, Macromedia. "GW Micro is a leader in
> >providing accessible solutions built on the MSAA standard, so they were an
> >obvious choice to ensure rich Macromedia Flash content and applications
> >were available to people who are blind."
> >
> >Clarence Whaley, Director of Sales and Marketing for GW Micro, stated,
> >"The efforts of GW Micro and Macromedia are impacting the lives of those
> >of us who are blind more than ever before. This product integration allows
> >more people who are blind to enter the workforce and have greater
> >independence by accessing web content that in the past had to be read by
> >someone sighted."
> >
> >The Window-Eyes Professional software for Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP
> >Home Edition, and XP Professional retails for $795.00, and is available
> >for purchase.  This one size fits all pricing makes Window-Eyes
> >Professional the most affordable screen reader on the market, and with the
> >new Macromedia Flash Player 6 you will have access like never before.

> [...]

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks