From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Seth Rothberg
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 12:52 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Question about JAWS rendering

Hi,

Someone using JAWS to access one of my sites reports that it reads the link
in this text:

Join us on March 3<sup>rd</sup> for a
<a title="About the party." href="catalogcards/index.html">
writing to authors and artists...

as "Join us March 3rd for a About the party. of the paper card catalog..."

What did I do to make JAWS read it that way? How can I convince JAWS to read
the link text instead of or along with the title attribute text?

The page is <http://www.joneslibrary.org>.

Thanks,

Seth