Re: UK Government Web Guidelines

Hi Chris
Well if my training on the gl working group is working
<grin>, I think that the phrase is 'this is necessary
but not sufficient'

The guideline should read

'All images must have an 'alt' attribute and value'

That is, the word 'important' needs to be removed,
otherwise the guideline will give the impression that
alt text is optional.

Cheers
Graham

On Wed, 30 January 2002, Chris Croome wrote

goliver@accease.com wrote:

> > One alarming extract from the accessibility section
> >
> > 'All important images must have an 'alt' attribute
and

<chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
http://www.webarchitects.co.uk/
http://mkdoc.com/
> everything else
http://chris.croome.net/

AccEase Ltd : Making on-line information accessible
Phone : +64 9 846 6995
Email : goliver@accease.com