Re: /> in head of xhtml page being rendered by emacs-w3

At 4:54 PM +0000 1/21/02, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
>as I'm going to be beta testing the peepo site using emacspeak/w3
>and for the present there is no Xemacspeak/w3, I'm stuck with not
>using xhtml. otherwise the students have to scroll down every page.
>
>I could redesign the site to get rid of 26 />s but not all of them...

Would it be possible to use, say, server-side parsing to detect
emacspeak/w3 and serve up a version without the />s, as a stopgap
measure?  I don't know enough about emacspeak/w3 to tell you if it
uniquely identifies itself in HTTP headers, though.

(Note:  This isn't an idea situation, but I am all for using, when
possible, server side tweaks to convert valid code into usable code
to account for client limitations or quirks.)

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours