From: Access Systems [mailto:accessys@smart.net]
Sent: 19 January 2002 00:08
To: Charles McCathieNevile
Cc: jonathan chetwynd; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: onmouseover-touchscreen-pda

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> I have used touchscreens where it was possible to mouse around because a
> mouseclick was done by having a double click on the screen (If you think
> about how the classic Macintosh desktop, which Windows copied, works, then
> this is the same idea).

and there were some real problems.  it depends on how the screen detects
the screen being touched.
   I recently worked with a state agency that wanted to put in kiosks for
getting things from the agency.   however the screen had to be touched by
a finger..a pencil or artifical limb would not activate it......oops

so it was redesigned with an infared scan system that detects anything.

Bob

> Cheers
>
> Charles
>
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
>
>   I'll be fascinated to have a pda with games pad, for the meantime has
>   anyone experience of how onmouseover is emulated with a touchscreen?
>   tabbing isn't really good enough, but might have to be.
>
>   can one stroke the screen perhaps?
>
>   thanks

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net

*#
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.