From: "Geoff Deering" <gdeering@acslink.net.au>
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
Cc: "Patrick Burke" <burke@ucla.edu>; "Carol Foster"
<c.foster@umassp.edu>; "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 4:11 AM
Subject: RE: Using Form Elements for Pages only Intended for Printing

Yes, it seems both more useable and accessible.  One shame, especially
in
Universities is that it is easy enough to set up generic form emailing
programs which take form data, format it and send to an email address
passed
in an argument.  Shame that they are not implement more widely so that
the
process of having to print them on the client side of the user is
bypassed.

We were also confronted with using pop up windows and print buttons for
printing formatted reports on a recent project, but just went with
displaying a printer friendly version in the same browser window and the
user just using the browser print function to print the page.

Geoff