From: Jason Megginson
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 9:10 AM
Subject: background-image in CSS

I have questions concerning the use the background-image in CSS.
1.  Can attributes be included in the CSS such as alt, etc?
2.  If not, does this violate Section 508?  When I use a screen reader, it doesn't detect that an image is there.  The image doesn't
convey any information that would violate or hinder the access of information on the site but it is there nonetheless.

Thanks