Re: Netscape

I think we are saying the same thing but as I recall, this began with a
discussion of label.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>; "RUST Randal"
<RRust@COVANSYS.com>; "WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: Netscape

At 5:49 PM -0500 1/14/02, David Poehlman wrote:
>but opera is not usable by my assistive technology, we have a tight it
>shop and it is solely based on the netscape solution.  We are not
>allowed to put ie on our servers and have been told that this is not
>going to change for the near term.  There is no wiggle room in a lot of
>cases so this issue cannot be escaped through any seeming hole in the
>possibilities of change.  The only way out is to shrug and say, "well,
>only a hand full of people use netscape that matter anyway and they'll
>just have to cope.".

Wow, it sucks to be you.  But, you see, the problem here is not the
coding of my site.  The problem continues to be Netscape 4's poor
coding, and then that's compounded by the coding of Opera and/or
your assistive technology, and then made even worse by the policies
of your workplace.

It's unreasonable to expect every web developer on the planet to make
special compensation for the facts that (a) Netscape 4 sucks, (b)
Opera and/or your AT sucks [or at least don't speak a common API],
and (c) your boss sucks.  That's not our problem, as web developers.
Sorry.

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours