Re: more CSS and tables * :-))

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Vadim Plessky wrote:

> On Friday 11 January 2002 03:11, Access Systems wrote:
> |   On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Harry Woodrow wrote:
> |
> |   I do 99% of my internet work and communications in monochrome.
> |
> |   and it is more contrasty and easier to read.
> |   color is confusing to many people
>
> I guess you find grayscale (8-bit gray) display also annoying?..

personally I wouldn't mind text in plain white on black (which is my
normal display)

> So I can't agree that color is confusing - color makes life better!

depends on disability and needs and preferences

Bob

> |   Bob
> |
> |   > You ask why people would want to use monochrome.
> |   > 1.  Economy it may be the only monitor someone has
> |   > 2.  Some colour blind people may view a site in monochrome as it can
> |   > help some of them distinguish between the designers bad choices.
> |   >
> |   >
> |   > Harry Woodrow
> |   >
> |   >
> |   > Cut from past mail
> |   > I understand that you may want to use aureal browser when you can't see
> |   > the screen. But if you can see your screen: why, for the heaven's sake,
> |   > we should
> |   > use monochrome?
> |   > IIRC, "color increases readability by 78%"
> |

> Cheers,

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks