RE: Using Form Elements for Pages only Intended for Printing

As a blind person I would say that the form element version is much friendlier.

If underscore or other characters are used to mark the input fields, then I
(or anyone really) has to copy the page to a word processor (possibly
losing original formatting), then fill in the ___ sections (& hope that
doesn't mess up the formatting beyond recognition).

The version with form markup would let me move quickly and accurately among
the input fields, & their location on the page would be maintained
automatically. So, other than the possibility of entering 3 pages of text
into an edit field, the printout would match the original form more
exactly. Which is, as I understand it, what people dealing with print forms
want.

So, I would vote in favor of forms markup, with a statement at the
beginning that the form is for printing purposes and cannot be submitted
online.

Patrick