Re: Updated Bobby /approved sites what are that?

At 2:12 PM +0000 1/6/02, David Woolley wrote:
>From: "Chris Croome" <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
>
>>  The last version of Bobby came up with loads of 'browser compability'
>>  errors when one was using XHTML rather than HTML, most of these seem to
>
>Unless you write downwards compatible XHTML, you should expect
>compatibility errors.

And even then you should still expect it, because Bobby "browser
compatability" errors are really more like warnings, which say things
like "this browser doesn't support <X> or <Y>".  In some cases that's
completely harmless, in others it's serious.  In many cases you may
want to just completely forget about warnings; for example, it's very
possible (unless they've changed it recently) to generate a self-
contradictory Bobby report.

Like what?  Well, things like one part of the report saying "you
need to add the <acronym> element" and then once you've added it,
a warning saying the <acronym> element is not supported by browsers
X, Y, and Z.

(I suspect David knows this already; I'm mainly making the point for
the general audience.)

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours