Re: Frames and accessibility: opinions please

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Access Systems wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Nick Kew wrote:
>

> > I'm still interested in feedback on how the accessibility proxy deals
> > with frames.
>
> send me a URL of something you think works, I run a minimum standard
> accessible system and can give it a tough test, wish I was smart enough to
> solve the problems

As discussed in
<URL:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2002AprJun/0094.html>
<URL:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2002AprJun/0140.html>

There is now also a single-page description at
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com:8000/index.html>

When you say give it a tough test, do you mean you have some standard
test cases, or just that you're an unforgiving critic?

The accessibility proxy is still experimental work-in-progress (I only
started hacking on it this week!), but Frames linearisation is a
flagship capability that has worked well in my (few) testcases.
So there are really two things to look at: the fundamental one is
whether what it's doing makes sense; the practical one is to let me
know when you find a URL that breaks it (and there are certainly some).

Most interesting is to combine the two: find URLs where the software
works as-designed but does nothing (or worse) for accessibility.
Those are the ones I really need to tackle!

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.