Re: Software support for Aural styles

At 14:27 05/04/2002 -0500, Joe Clark wrote:
<snip/>
>ACSS is a
>terrible idea, as are all the 'accessible' CSS types, and we are far
>better off that they are not as yet implemented. If we're lucky,
>they never will be.

Aren't aural style sheets about more than accessibility though?
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/aural.html#q1 mentions, among other things,
home entertainment and in car use. For both of those, being able to change,
say the position or inflection of the voice would be very useful. For
example, radio-type plays could be produced using HTML and CSS.

>Easy explanation: Don't mess with people's voice settings!

I agree that the default voice should be left as the user specifies, just
as the default font size should never be altered.

Andrew

--
Andrew McFarland
UNITE Solutions