Fw: corporate e-learning accessibility - your experiences requested

----- Original Message -----
From: "JENNISON ASUNCION" <asuncion@ALCOR.CONCORDIA.CA>
To: <EASI@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 10:22 PM
Subject: corporate e-learning accessibility - your experiences requested

(*Please feel free to pass this note along to folks who might be of
assistance)

Hello.

A colleague of mine and I are currently undertaking a series of
activities
to help guide our company's training function toward a situation where
we
make available internal e-learning that is accessible to all employees,
particularly those with disabilities. Clearly this is a
work-in-progress.
We have presence in Canada and the US.

We are now at the stage where we would like to hear from other folks
whose
companies' training functions have or are currently implementing
similar strategies. We are looking at processes involved in the design
through to roll-out of an organization's internal e-learning, and how
implementing accessibility impacts these.

I have put together a list of questions that are targeted at folks who
work primarily in an organization's internal training function. They
have
been driven out of some surveying conducted within our own training
function.

Rather than post the questions here, if you are interested in sharing
your
knowledge/experience in this area, please e-mail me directly and i will
send
the questions to you.

I can post a summary later on (minus any specific company-related info)
if
folks are interested.

Thanks,
Jennison