Re: Minimal Browser Capabilities

At 6:27 PM -0500 12/26/01, Access Systems wrote:
>   A disabled person in Central America, Central Africa, many parts of
>Asia, even the South Pole have very limited access to the web and must get
>as much as possible under very difficult situations.  We can not design
>out persons who may not be able to get the latest or faster OS and memory
>or computers or even phone lines.

Right, and that's why those people should have access to a text-only
browser that supports HTML 4.01, CSS, XHTML, XML, DOM, ECMAscript,
SVG, and more.

The solution isn't to say, "well, it's okay for those people to
continue to have limited access to the web!" nor is it okay to say
"we'll have to limit everyone else's access to the web!"  The solution
is to say, "this is what a browser _should_ support," list those items,
realize that it's NOT set in stone (unlike some people who believe that
1996's HTML is all we need!), and then encourage work on browsers to
meet those targets.

--Kynn