Re: Minimal Browser Capabilities

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 05:29:38PM +0000, Vadim Plessky wrote:

> I am, in particular, very much interested in CSS and how Mozilla renders
> *valid* CSS code. Last time when I was checking Mozilla 1_0 targeted bugs,

  I - for one - would be very interested in hearing an elaboration on
  this topic, as so far Mozilla is the only browser I know of which
  consistently renders CSS 'correctly'. In my opinion it is the only
  useable baseline browser for CSS at this moment in time.

> there were around 500 CSS1 open bugs and about 60 CSS2 bugs.

  There are - per the 27th of December 2001 - 296 bugs that matches 'css'
  on Bugzilla. Several of these are plain nonsense, such as #114341
  which states "ggnxp.com - This page looks bad in Moz/NN" and #114512
  "sandbox.com - Text is not aligned properly in browser" - the latter a
  result of the CSS file served as "application/x-pointplus" and
  subsequently ignored by Mozilla.

  It isn't alltogether easy to identify correct bugreports for Mozilla,
  since documentation has always been their weak point. I would estimate
  that around 75% of the abovementioned 296 are actually directly
  related to or correct bugs in reference to CSS 1 and 2.

  No matter. I use Mozilla 0.9.6 for my everyday browser, and have never
  regretted it.

--
 - Tina Holmboe