Re: Minimal Browser Capabilities

On Tue, 25 Dec 2001, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

> At 10:38 AM -0500 12/25/01, Access Systems wrote:
> >??????? lynx version 2.8.3 was released on 17 July 2001!!!  it is
> >maintained actively by the Univ of Kansas.
>
> A minor update seems to come out maybe once a year.
>
> Does it do CSS?  Does it do HTML 4.01?  Does it do DOM?  Does it do
> XHTML?   Does it do JavaScript?

it does do HTML 4.01 I believe, pretty sure it won't do Javascript.  not
sure about the others.

> Lynx support for major web standards is lagging far behind where it
> could be.  Lynx is roughly at the stage of, say, Netscape 2 or so.

I guess that is a matter of opinion, it is pretty good at what it does and
while I have a later version of netscape, I so rarely run it because I so
like what LYNX does so much better.   especially it is "Clean and Fast"

so far I have yet to find a browser that is better there.  not to mention
that access is almost a "gimmi"

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privledged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks