Re: Disability statistics

In a message dated 12/16/01 3:16:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com writes:

> (Frankly, I think we need a separate
> organization for activism, as I believe the W3C is ill-suited for the
> advocacy role in addition to the technical role.)

       Much agreed. IMHO, the W3C as an advocate for anything but technical
stuff doesn't make sense. In the case of WAI, it's probably far better to
round up the various advocacy organizations existing (NFB, ACB, the ARC,
RNIB, etc.), introduce them to the situation, induce them to cooperate, and
let THEM run with it as a group. The W3C overall loses credibility if we make
it an activist.

       John