RE: Disability statistics

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Michael R. Burks wrote:

> This sounds like - "We don't need any ramps or accessible rest rooms, no
> people in wheel chairs come here!"  or "We don't need any TTY's no deaf
> people ever call us!"

but you buy "rent"           is the apartment accessible?
    you buy "food"           is the food store accessible?
    you buy "heat"           does the oil company have TTD/TTY?
    you buy "clothes"        are the stores accessible?

it may not be a lot of money but it together is a lot of money.  not
saying it is only argument, but it together with other is a powerfull
argument.  of course we frequently "co-op" our considerable power by using
places that are not accessible, or say "I am only one person"

Bob

> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Burks

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privledged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks