  From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Demonpenta2@aol.com
  Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 11:33 AM
  To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
  Subject: Re: Disability statistics

  In a message dated 12/16/01 8:33:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru writes:

    I also have concern that Deaf or Blind people just can't pay same money
as
    Normal (people who can hear and see) people. Usually those people have
no
    money to spend at all - as they live on governmental pension, which is
quite
    small.
    So, it's some kind of people which you unlikely will have as customers.
    Why someone should spend money to please those people? There is no
commercial
    reason for that. Only *moral*.

         Vadim,

               You bring up some very good points, thast I think may
unfortunately be only SLIGHTLY unique to Eastern Europe/Russia.

               One of the things we seem to forget here is a characteristic
of the market, one that DEFINES it in business: The disabled are usually
incredibly poor. In the US, saying that most people with disabilities (under
65) survive basically because of SSI (For the jobs most people with
disabilities can get, the salary scale is not exactly high, assuming they
can get a job, ADA be damned.) with minimal income beyond that.

         John