From: "Scott Luebking" <phoenixl@sonic.net>
To: <phoenixl@sonic.net>; <poehlman1@home.com>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: FWD: CHI-WEB: Amazon's version for the Visually Impaired

Hi,

OK.  The issue of visual effects stonwalling blind users is getting lost
in the discussion.

Just to be sure I understand what you mean:

  dp: What needs to happen here is that the full content needs to be
  delivered.  I use the same address as anyone else and get an accesible
  result through one of several ways already described but possibly one
  which is that the user agent/at combination serves it up to me in
  meaningful fashion.

It seems that it is acceptable to you that different users get web pages
with the same content but with different appearances, layouts, etc,
depending on each user's preferences.  The concept of universal design
is then moving from on of "one size fits all" to one of "different sizes
provided to different users" as long as the content is the same.

Scott