RE: Fwd from CHI-WEB: Amazon's version for the Visually

Hi Scott,
As you said, your outline is rough and misses an important step.  All web
developers need to determine which accessible web design requirements are
triggered by laws governing their client's website.  In fact, you will find
that clients have adopted policies for implementation to ensure compliance
with these laws and so the web developer must be informed as to these
policies.  But developers should not stop at minimum compliance because they
can build upon them and add best practices and good design practices to
enable the widest possible audience to access and utilize the website.

Best regards,
Cynthia Waddell

---------------------------------------
Please note new email address:
Cywaddell@ciber.com

Cynthia D. Waddell, JD
Ciber
Principal Consultant
Subject Matter Expert
Accessibility Center of Excellence
(800)547-5602 or Fax (800)228-8204

ACE Offices are located at San Jose, CA, Sacramento, CA and Raleigh, NC USA

San Jose Office:
PO BOX 5456
San Jose, California USA 95150-5456
http://www.icdri.org/cynthia_waddell.htm