From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 4:52 PM
To: William R Williams/R5/USDAFS
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: abbr/acronym - repetitive use

Aaah, but that is only becuase your browser is not meeting your needs. I as
sighted individual can choose to use a browser that renders marked up
elements such as abbr and acronym and shows me the expansion, just as if I
was using a voice system.

If all the browsers out there were really good, there wouldn't be an issue.
But just as people need to make choces or use several browsers
simultaneously
to get the best access with their assistive technology, people who don't use
assistive technology have to do the same thing.

Charles