Re: [media] Tim Berners-Lee on Microsoft's Latest Browser Tricks

At 10:59 AM 10/31/2001 , David Woolley wrote:
><devil's advocate>
>Unfortunately, many web designers would class T B-L as an elitist academic,
>and claim that the "web" has evolved to the needs of "commerce", although
>they might also talk about "ordinary people".
></devil's advocate>

And generally speaking it's true that TBL is an elitist academic.
Which isn't the worst thing I could say about him -- some of my
best friends are elitist academics -- but it's still true.

Elitist academics don't always know "what's best for us" although
they usually claim they do.  Then again, so do the "e-Commerce
experts" and the like.

Frankly, we need to consider everyone's needs, and I think that's
one place where the W3C, especially in the WAI, falls short --
recognition of needs and priorities beyond our own.  Which is,
of course, the cardinal sin of which we accuse others.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison