RE: How to Complain to a Webmaster

At 10:33 AM 10/31/2001 , Ben Canning wrote:
>I'm not sure if you're arguing against my position or for it. To be
>clear, I'm not arguing for trying to educate individual designers. We
>need to target both the design community and the people who are paying
>for the sites, and I think a good way to do that is by discussing
>publicly (e.g. in the press) sites that don't meet the bar. I agree with
>Kynn that we need to do this in a helpful and constructive way, but we
>need to do it.

Can you provide an example of this, please?  I've provided my own
example of how I believe we should approach this problem -- respectful
dialogue with web developers.

Can you provide an example of the type of message you would write --
say, a press release (given your "e.g. in the press" comment) -- that
is helpful and constructive in discussing an inaccessible web site?
Feel free to use a hypothetical "example.com" web site if you can't
find any other examples handy.

Thanks, I look forward to it.

--Kynn

--