Re: Inclusion or accessibility

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 12:45:32 -0400, you wrote:

>Think about "could you use a JesterBot with your clients?"  Google for
>"JesterBot"

I'm looking into this now...like the idea of the physical/virtual tie
in greatly. Smells expensive though :(

>In your 'continuous play' mode, do you provide the equivalent of a
>linear-tape-transport controls?

No, though users are able to highlight portions of text to
read....this is the approach I'm encouraging since it is a more direct
interaction with the text.

>You aren't disabling the context menu as accessed by Shift-F10, are you?  Is
>there a way to leave some verbs that are risky for the LD client still
>accessible, but unlikely for the LD user to stumble upon in their normal MO?

Couldn't figure a way to do this, so the whole context menu function
is disabled except on pages such as the files area, where other users
are likely to need it. There's a dual purpose for context disabling,
the pupils will be context-clicking on the agent to access a
navigation menu, so its important that inaccurate clicks to the side
of it have no effect...the other reason is simply down to early mouse
users and button confusion.

>How much OO theory do you breathe?

None..AFAIK :/

>So this just shows that we need to look for a slightly deeper plane of
>definition to capture the universals of the several experiences across
>different delivery contexts adaptive for different user profiles of ability
>and preference.

This is, I think, Jonathon's original point, my delurking was intended
to support him...I found some of the other responses rather glib,
considering the marked absence of actual inclusive content online.

(Unfortunately my hosters have chosen to switch servers tonite so the
site will be down for a while (<24hrs I hope) if anyone is trying to
view it.)

Thanks for the references provided,
Simon